Popular Posts

Monday 20 February 2012

Snow, Sun & Injuries....!!!

Thanks again for following my marathon blog.

Since my last post I've had a series of up's and downs both good and bad.

Sadly at the end of January I suffered my first sports injury!!! A badly strained calf muscle, as a result of too much running, blisters and too much dancing in heels leaving me unable to walk never mind run for a few days. Anyone who's ever had a setback like this will know how truly depressing this feels, but like the trooper I am I substituted running for cycling and swimming and managed to get myself on the mend in a week.

Then I went skiing. Whist skiing was amazing (blue skies, fresh powder and plenty of red wine) and can be excellent marathon training at altitude, it turns out it can make a poory leg even worse. Having spent a few days following the RICE rule (rest, ice, compression, elevation!) I'm pleased to say I'm back on the road again which is an amazing feeling.

In addition (to all those who work with me) if I haven't said it already in person, thanks so much for supporting our bake sale on the 2nd Feb, rasing a whopping £300 in total for the Outward Bound Trust. Next time there will definitely be more homemade cookies to keep up with consumer demand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment