Popular Posts

Sunday 26 February 2012

The 'Pink Peril' Strides Again!

So finally feeling a lot better now my calf has recovered, am no longer running like Long John Silver and completed a lovely 10 mile run today.

Living in Hammersmith I'm lucky to be able to run along the river (today through Chiswick, Barnes, Putney, Fulham and home again) and made sure I was out early today so I would avoid the terrible jealousy of seeing people enjoying drinks in the sunshine outside my favourite local pubs on the home stretch.

I love living near the river (hopefully the pics below will help show why) and its always an uplifting place to go for a run, even if you dont feel like it! Having said that, there are a few major obstacles growing in number along the banks of the Thames, kids on scooters and small dogs on leads; both of which I think should be banned at least until April 22nd for fears I may break my ankle as a result of a collision - which will of course be my fault!!!

In other news, I have signed up to the Kingston Breakfast Run on April 1st, a 16 mile race from Kingston to Hampton Court and back which appealed to the history geek in me. If my time is bad I got lost in the maze ;-).

I have also been christened 'The Pink Peril' by my mother, due to my fabulous choice of pink neon running gear. As a result I'll be looking for all pink neon running gear for marathon day so i can be easily spotted in the crowd, I only wish it was my colour!

Have a good week

Rach xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment